The Editorial Board of the Journal of Endodontics is pleased to announce the inaugural winners of a new category of awards to recognize the best articles published in JOE during the 2014 calendar year. Awards are presented in the following areas: Basic Science: Biology; Basic Science: Technology; Case Reports/Clinical Techniques; and Clinical Research.
The winning papers represent significant advances in endodontics, and were selected for their scientific merit and broad impact on dental research; originality of research objectives and ideas presented; creativity of study design and uniqueness of approaches and concepts; validity of statistical and/or epidemiological methods; and clarity of presentation.
|Please join us in congratulating the authors of the following papers, who will be recognized at the Coolidge Luncheon at AAE15 in Seattle on Saturday, May 9:
Basic Science: Biology
Martin DE, De Almeida JF, Henry MA, Khaing ZZ, Schmidt CE, Teixeira FB, Diogenes A. Concentration-dependent effect of sodium hypochlorite on stem cells of apical papilla survival and differentiation. J Endod 2014;40(1):51-5.
Basic Science: Technology
Shrestha A, Kishen A. Antibiofilm efficacy of photosensitizer-functionalized bioactive nanoparticles on multispecies biofilm. J Endod 2014;40(10):1604-10
Case Reports/Clinical Techniques
Becerra P, Ricucci D, Loghin S, Gibbs JL, Lin LM. Histologic study of a human immature permanent premolar with chronic apical abscess after revascularization/revitalization. J Endod 2014;40(1):133-9.
Law AS, Nixdorf DR, Rabinowitz I, Reams GJ, Smith JA Jr, Torres AV, Harris DR; National Dental PBRN Collaborative Group. Root canal therapy reduces multiple dimensions of pain: a national dental practice-based research network study. J Endod 2014;40(11):1738-45.
In addition to the award-winning papers, the following papers published in 2014 have been accorded honorable mention status:
- Al-Ahmad A, Ameen H, Pelz K, Karygianni L, Wittmer A, Anderson AC, Spitzmüller B, Hellwig E. Antibiotic resistance and capacity for biofilm formation of different bacteria isolated from endodontic infections associated with root-filled teeth. J Endod 2014;40(2):223-30.
- Araujo-Pires AC, Biguetti CC, Repeke CE, Rodini Cde O, Campanelli AP, Trombone AP, Letra A, Silva RM, Garlet GP. Mesenchymal stem cells as active prohealing and immunosuppressive agents in periapical environment: evidence from human and experimental periapical lesions. J Endod 2014;40(10):1560-5.
- He W, Wang Z, Zhou Z, Zhang Y, Zhu Q, Wei K, Lin Y, Cooper PR, Smith AJ, Yu Q. Lipopolysaccharide enhances Wnt5a expression through toll-like receptor 4, myeloid differentiating factor 88, phosphatidylinositol 3-OH kinase/AKT and nuclear factor kappa B pathways in human dental pulp stem cells. J Endod 2014;40(1):69-75
- Keswani D, Pandey RK, Ansari A, Gupta S. Comparative evaluation of platelet-rich fibrin and mineral trioxide aggregate as pulpotomy agents in permanent teeth with incomplete root development: a randomized controlled trial. J Endod 2014;40(5):599-605.
- Krishan R, Paqué F, Ossareh A, Kishen A, Dao T, Friedman S. Impacts of conservative endodontic cavity on root canal instrumentation efficacy and resistance to fracture assessed in incisors, premolars, and molars. J Endod 2014;40(8):1160-6.
- Kumar H, Al-Ali M, Parashos P, Manton DJ. Management of 2 teeth diagnosed with dens invaginatus with regenerative endodontics and apexification in the same patient: a case report and review. J Endod 2014;40(5):725-31.
- Nagy MM, Tawfik HE, Hashem AA, Abu-Seida AM. Regenerative potential of immature permanent teeth with necrotic pulps after different regenerative protocols. J Endod 2014;40(2):192-8.
- Saoud TM, Zaazou A, Nabil A, Moussa S, Lin LM, Gibbs JL. Clinical and radiographic outcomes of traumatized immature permanent necrotic teeth after revascularization/revitalization therapy. J Endod 2014;40(12):1946-52.
- Yi JK, Mehrazarin S, Oh JE, Bhalla A, Oo J, Chen W, Lee M, Kim RH, Shin KH, Park NH, Kang MK. Osteo-/odontogenic differentiation of induced mesenchymal stem cells generated through epithelial-mesenchyme transition of cultured human keratinocytes. J Endod 2014;40(11):1796-801.
Read more from the March 2015 Communiqué
Read more Member News and Profiles