Research Fellowship Award
Research Fellowship award recipients receive $50,000 a year for up to five years to support each fellow's research program or project directly, and/or to protect their time for focus on research. Up to $250,000 is available per recipient.
Interested in the Foundation's Research Fellowship? Carefully review the Research Fellowship Guidelines. The submission deadline is September 15 each year.
- Eligible candidates are incoming (with contract secured) or existing full-time* junior faculty in a department of endodontics with formal research training (e.g. M.S., M.P.H., or Ph.D.) and/or demonstrated research productivity.
- Individuals may apply during the first five years that they are employed full-time as a faculty member, up to the end of their fifth year of employment. The award is not retroactive.
- All candidates must be conducting research in an endodontic department at an institution that is accredited by the commission on dental accreditation (CODA) in the United States or Canada.
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Award recipient must commit at least 40% effort for research, as stated in the submitted employment contract and appropriate letter of recommendation.
- Candidate must have a degree of D.D.S. or equivalent in dentistry and formal training in endodontics.
- Candidate must identify a well-qualified mentor who will provide oversight on the fellow’s career development and research plans. A mentor must be an established faculty with strong track record of research training and productivity.
The goal of the Foundation for Endodontics Research Fellowship is to develop a pipeline for junior faculty in endodontics who will become impactful, independent investigators that are advancing science in the field of endodontics. The Award is a mentored training fellowship created in recognition and support of the key role junior investigators play in the specialty. The Foundation recognizes a need to recruit and cultivate the next generation of endodontic clinician-scientists, with formal and rigorous research training, who will contribute to the scholarship in endodontics and harness the extramural resources to advance the specialty.
The fellowship supports research and career development in basic science, translational science, clinical research or behavioral science with relevance to clinical problems in endodontics.