Associations and non-profits often struggle with marketing or communications. Developing a strong brand, relevant voice and innovative creative approaches can be challenging when working with limited resources. Fortunately, the AAE continues to make great strides forward even with a small staff and tight budgets. The AAE is proud to receive six MarCom Awards recognizing outstanding achievement by creative professionals involved in the concept, design and production of marketing and communication materials. Six thousand entries from around the world are submitted to this annual competition, and our recognition is one way we know we’re producing effective communications that are noticed by our members and the public. Success also is a tribute to the AAE’s dedicated staff and members.
The AAE’s 2016 MarCom Awards are:
- AAE16 Campaign: Strategic Communications Integrated Marketing Category. This award honors the work and collaboration of the AAE’s marketing, communications and meeting departments for the 2016 annual meeting promotional efforts that resulted in record attendance.
- AAE New Logo: Strategic Communications Branding Category. This award recognizes the AAE’s branding initiative undertaken by the Special Committee on Quality Improvement and staff to develop a contemporary, professional image of AAE to members and external audiences.
- AAE Website Reskin: Digital Media Association Category. This recognizes enhancements made to the AAE website as part of the branding project. In addition to updating the site to reflect the new brand, marketing and communications staff implemented several changes to make the site’s most popular information easier to access.
- 2016-2017 AAE Membership Renewal Campaign: Strategic Communications Promotion/Marketing Materials Category. This award honors the partnership of the AAE’s membership and marketing staff for its all-member renewal campaign. The campaign featured the new brand and creative incentives for membership renewal and individual practice promotion.
- <2nd year in a row!> Foundation FOCUS Newsletter: Association External Newsletter Category. The Foundation for Endodontics’ annual publication highlights Foundation donors, beneficiaries and initiatives.
“This is a great way to benchmark ourselves against other creative organizations in the corporate and association industries,” said AAE Executive Director Kenneth J. Widelka. “Congratulations and thank you to all of our staff and members who made this possible. These awards serve as visible recognition of taking an excellent idea and applying award-winning written and graphic concepts. These awards are encouraging indications of our success this year. We are very pleased at the recognition and plan more exciting, innovative work for next year.”
MarCom is one of the oldest, largest and most prestigious creative competitions in the world. MarCom is sponsored and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP), a 22-year-old international organization consisting of several thousand creative professionals. As part of its mission, AMCP fosters and supports the efforts of creative professionals who contribute their unique talents to public service and community organizations. Over the past few years, AMCP has given over $1,000 in charitable contributions.
Browse the winners page to see all the entries.