The Editorial Board of the Journal of Endodontics is pleased to announce the winners of the 2018 JOE Awards, recognizing the best articles published in JOE during the 2017 calendar year. Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations, and to all of the authors who published their work in the JOE this year. Your contributions keep our specialty strong!
The winning papers represent significant advances in endodontics, and were selected for their scientific merit and broad impact on dental research; originality of research objectives and ideas presented; creativity of study design and uniqueness of approaches and concepts; validity of statistical and/or epidemiological methods; and clarity of presentation.
|The AAE proudly recognizes JOE Publication Award recipients and continues the tradition of honoring the achievements and contributions of these individuals to the specialty of endodontics.
2018 Award Recipients
Basic Research: Biology
Basic Research: Technology
Case Report/Clinical Technique
In addition to the award-winning papers, the following papers have been accorded honorable mention status:
- Pan, J., J. Wang, L. Hao, G. Zhu, D. N. Nguyen, Q. Li, Y. Liu, Z. Zhao, Y. P. Li and W. Chen (2017). The Triple Functions of D2 Silencing in Treatment of Periapical Disease. J Endod 43(2): 272-278.
- Seneviratne, C. J., T. Suriyanarayanan, S. Swarup, K. H. B. Chia, N. Nagarajan and C. Zhang (2017). Transcriptomics Analysis Reveals Putative Genes Involved in Biofilm Formation and Biofilm-associated Drug Resistance of Enterococcus faecalis. J Endod 43(6): 949-955.
- Rover G, Belladonna FG, Bortoluzzi EA, De-Deus G, Silva E, Teixeira CS. Influence of Access Cavity Design on Root Canal Detection, Instrumentation Efficacy, and Fracture Resistance Assessed in Maxillary Molars. J Endod 2017;43(10):1657-1662.
- Yan W, Montoya C, Oilo M, Ossa A, Paranjpe A, Zhang H, et al. Reduction in Fracture Resistance of the Root with Aging. J Endod 2017;43(9):1494-1498.
- Zufia, J., F. Abella, I. Trebol and R. Gomez-Meda (2017). Autotransplantation of Mandibular Third Molar with Buccal Cortical Plate to Replace Vertically Fractured Mandibular Second Molar: A Novel Technique. J Endod 43(9): 1574-1578.
- Strbac GD, Schnappauf A, Giannis K, Moritz A, Ulm C. Guided Modern Endodontic Surgery: A Novel Approach for Guided Osteotomy and Root Resection. J Endod 2017;43(3):496-501.
- Mavridou AM, Bergmans L, Barendregt D, Lambrechts P. Descriptive Analysis of Factors Associated with External Cervical Resorption. J Endod 2017;43(10):1602-1610.
- He, J., R. K. White, C. A. White, J. L. Schweitzer and K. F. Woodmansey (2017). Clinical and Patient-centered Outcomes of Nonsurgical Root Canal Retreatment in First Molars Using Contemporary Techniques. J Endod 43(2): 231-237.
- Lambrichts I, Driesen RB, Dillen Y, Gervois P, Ratajczak J, Vangansewinkel T, et al. Dental Pulp Stem Cells: Their Potential in Reinnervation and Angiogenesis by Using Scaffolds. J Endod 2017;43(9S):S12-S16.
- Song M, Cao Y, Shin SJ, Shon WJ, Chugal N, Kim RH, et al. Revascularization-associated Intracanal Calcification: Assessment of Prevalence and Contributing Factors. J Endod 2017.