To mark the 12th annual celebration of Root Canal Awareness Week, the AAE released a new patient education video highlighting one of endodontics' cutting-edge advancements, cone beam computed tomography. How CBCT Helps Endodontists Expose the Source of Tooth Pain helps patients understand how 3-D imaging greatly enhances an endodontist's ability to diagnose, evaluate, treat and care for patients.
You are encouraged to share the CBCT video with patients and referring dentists, along with the AAE’s entire series of patient education videos. Members also can download video files to play in waiting rooms, operatories and on their practice websites.
Our featured practices have been putting their superhero gear to good use – and having fun at the same time.
One featured practice went above and beyond and made their own Root Canal Awareness Week video!
Share your Root Canal Awareness Week photos with us by emailing email@example.com, and encourage your patients to leave testimonials about your care at aae.org/rcaw. You also can use Root Canal Awareness Week to build on relationships with your referring dentists. The AAE offers many free resources to encourage collaboration, including:
- Treatment Standards White Paper – Approved by the AAE Board of Directors at its annual meeting in April, this white paper describes current methods of endodontic access, canal shaping, disinfection, obturation, and restoration, and outlines the competencies in each area that all clinicians should be able to achieve.
- Endodontic Competency White Paper - These AAE guidelines are meant to create a context for knowledge and skill that should provide a standard for all practitioners who perform endodontic treatment.
- Case Difficulty Assessment Form - The AAE designed the Endodontic Case Difficulty Assessment Form for use in endodontic curricula. The Assessment Form makes case selection more efficient, more consistent and easier to document.
- Treatment Options for the Compromised Tooth: A Decision Guide - This guide features different cases where the tooth has been compromised in both non-endodontically treated teeth and previously endodontically treated teeth.
- ENDODONTICS: Colleagues for Excellence - This newsletter is published twice yearly and distributed to AAE members, general dentists and other specialists to educate on specific endodontic topics and spur discussions among your colleagues.
- Root Canal Safety Web Page - This page includes AAE resources designed to help dental professionals advocate for good dental health and root canal safety.