The Editorial Board of the Journal of Endodontics is pleased to announce the winners of the 2019 JOE Awards, recognizing the best articles published in JOE during the 2018 calendar year. Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations, and to all of the authors who published their work in the JOE this year. Your contributions keep our specialty strong!
The winning papers represent significant advances in endodontics, and were selected for their scientific merit and broad impact on dental research; originality of research objectives and ideas presented; creativity of study design and uniqueness of approaches and concepts; validity of statistical and/or epidemiological methods; and clarity of presentation.
|The AAE proudly recognizes JOE Publication Award recipients and continues the tradition of honoring the achievements and contributions of these individuals to the specialty of endodontics.
2019 Award Recipients
Basic Science: Biology
Basic Science: Technology Alovisi, M., D. Pasqualini, E. Musso, E. Bobbio, C. Giuliano, D. Mancino, N. Scotti and E. Berutti. Influence of Contracted Endodontic Access on Root Canal Geometry: An In Vitro Study. Journal of endodontics 2018;44(4):614-620.
Case Reports: Clinical Techniques
In addition to the award-winning papers, the following papers have been accorded honorable mention status:
- Sato, M., K. Ogura, M. Kimura, K. Nishi, M. Ando, M. Tazaki and Y. Shibukawa. Activation of Mechanosensitive Transient Receptor Potential/Piezo Channels in Odontoblasts Generates Action Potentials in Cocultured Isolectin B4-negative Medium-sized Trigeminal Ganglion Neurons. J Endod 2018;44(6):984-991 e982.
- Romualdo, P. C., M. P. Lucisano, F. W. G. Paula-Silva, G. B. Leoni, M. D. Sousa-Neto, R. A. B. Silva, L. A. B. Silva and P. Nelson-Filho . Ovariectomy Exacerbates Apical Periodontitis in Rats with an Increase in Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokines and Matrix Metalloproteinases. J Endod 2018;44(5):780-785.
- Bukhari S, Kim D, Liu Y, Karabucak B, Koo H. Novel Endodontic Disinfection Approach Using Catalytic Nanoparticles. J Endod 2018;44(5):806-812.
- Neelakantan P, Khan K, Hei Ng GP, Yip CY, Zhang C, Pan Cheung GS. Does the Orifice-directed Dentin Conservation Access Design Debride Pulp Chamber and Mesial Root Canal Systems of Mandibular Molars Similar to a Traditional Access Design? J Endod 2018;44(2):274-279.
- Corsentino, G., E. Pedulla, L. Castelli, M. Liguori, V. Spicciarelli, M. Martignoni, M. Ferrari and S. Grandini. Influence of Access Cavity Preparation and Remaining Tooth Substance on Fracture Strength of Endodontically Treated Teeth. J Endod 2018;44(9):1416-1421.
- Jakse N, Ruckenstuhl M, Rugani P, Kirnbauer B, Sokolowski A, Ebeleseder K. Influence of Extraoral Apicoectomy on Revascularization of an Autotransplanted Tooth: A Case Report. J Endod 2018.
- Lara-Mendes STO, Barbosa CFM, Machado VC, Santa-Rosa CC. A New Approach for Minimally Invasive Access to Severely Calcified Anterior Teeth Using the Guided Endodontics Technique. J Endod 2018;44(10):1578-1582.
- Alghofaily M, Tordik P, Romberg E, Martinho F, Fouad AF. Healing of Apical Periodontitis after Nonsurgical Root Canal Treatment: The Role of Statin Intake. J Endod 2018;44(9):1355-1360.
- Vera, J., J. Ochoa, M. Romero, M. Vazquez-Carcano, C. O. Ramos-Gregorio, R. R. Aguilar, A. Cruz, P. Sleiman and A. Arias. Intracanal Cryotherapy Reduces Postoperative Pain in Teeth with Symptomatic Apical Periodontitis: A Randomized Multicenter Clinical Trial. J Endod 2018;44(1):4-8.
- Curtis DM, VanderWeele RA, Ray JJ, Wealleans JA. Clinician-centered Outcomes Assessment of Retreatment and Endodontic Microsurgery Using Cone-beam Computed Tomographic Volumetric Analysis. J Endod 2018;44(8):1251-1256.
- Widbiller, M., R. B. Driesen, A. Eidt, I. Lambrichts, K. A. Hiller, W. Buchalla, G. Schmalz and K. M. Galler. Cell Homing for Pulp Tissue Engineering with Endogenous Dentin Matrix Proteins. J Endod 2018;44(6):956-962 e952.
- Kim, S., S. Lee, H. S. Jung, S. Y. Kim, S. J. Shin, M. K. Kang and E. Kim. Evaluation of the Biodistribution of Human Dental Pulp Stem Cells Transplanted into Mice. J Endod 2018;44(4):592-598.