Incorporate the logo into your email signatures. Desktop-based programs such as Microsoft Office™ and Web-based email services, including Yahoo!©, Hotmail™, Gmail™, and MobileMe™, have step-by-step instructions on how to include images and text into the signature line of every email message you send. If you have a practice website or Facebook page, add the logo to your pages.
Consider including the language below on your website along with the 2018 Root Canal Awareness Week logo.
[Insert practice name] is taking part in the 12th annual Root Canal Awareness Week, May 6-12, 2018. Root Canal Awareness Week is a national effort to raise awareness of the role that endodontists play in dental health and to teach the public that root canals should not be feared. [Insert practice name] along with the American Association of Endodontists want to dispel the myths surrounding this dental treatment and encourage patients who need a root canal to see an endodontist.
The AAE has professional patient education videos you can share with patients and referring dentists. The videos are located on our website and on our YouTube page. Link the videos to your practice website, share them on your Facebook page and show them to patients and colleagues.
- Endodontists: the Superheroes of Saving Teeth - Learn how endodontists' advanced training, specialized techniques and superior technologies mean you get the highest quality care.
- Root Canals Aren't What They Used to Be - It’s not your grandfather’s root canal! Just like technology changes, so has root canal treatment.
- Get Up To Speed on Today’s Root Canal - Learn how endodontists, the specialists in saving teeth, use advanced technology and expert training to reinvent modern root canal treatment.
- Root Canal Treatment Step by Step is an animated video demonstrating what happens during a root canal procedure while highlighting endodontists as the specialists in saving teeth.
- Root Canal Retreatment Explained also is animated and explains why a second root canal treatment is sometimes needed to save a tooth.
- Understanding Cracked Tooth Symptoms and Treatment is an animated video explaining common types of cracked teeth and encourages patients to see an endodontist for evaluation and treatment.
- Endodontic Surgery explains how endodontists perform surgery to treat an infection or abscess.
- Root Canal Safety dispels myths about root canal treatment and explains how endodontists perform millions of safe, effective treatments every year.
- Endodontists Put Root Canal Patients at Ease is a patient-focused video to help dispel the myths and unnecessary fears of root canals. It features interviews with patients and their endodontists.
- Partners in Patient Care helps build the partnership between endodontists and general dentists by explaining why general dentists refer their patients to endodontists.
Does your practice have a Facebook page? If not, use Root Canal Awareness Week to start one! Along with having a practice website, social media can be a great way to reach out to your patients and referring dentists. Join the event on the AAE Facebook page to let others know you are participating in this year’s RCAW and start your own Facebook event. Let the public know how your office is celebrating. Below are a few example posts you can use on your page:
- Happy Root Canal Awareness Week! What do you do to take care of your mouth?
- Do you brush twice a day for 2 minutes? Do your kids? It’s Root Canal Awareness Week! Take care of your teeth!
- Check out this site for some endodontic facts! Let us know if you have any questions and Happy Root Canal Awareness Week!
- 15 million root canals are performed each year in the U.S. That is a lot of saved teeth! Happy Root Canal Awareness Week!
You may also want to consider hosting a contest for your Facebook fans. Make sure you know the rules on Facebook before you post the contest on your wall.
If you use Twitter, be sure to follow the AAE on Twitter @savingyourteeth, and retweet our postings to your own followers. When creating your own tweets, include the hashtag #rcaw.
Here are some sample tweets for your Awareness Week activities:
- Happy Root Canal Awareness Week. Root canals don’t cause pain, they ease pain! #rcaw
- 15 million root canals are performed each year in the U.S. How are you saving your teeth? #rcaw
- Celebrate Root Canal Awareness Week by flossing those pearly whites and saving your natural teeth! #rcaw