Stephen Cohen, D.D.S.
Dr. Stephen Cohen is one of the foremost endodontic clinicians in the country who lectures worldwide on the specialty. He completed his studies in the endodontic postgraduate program at the University of Pennsylvania in 1969.
For 18 years, he served as chair of the department of endodontics at the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry and has continued his commitment to education as an adjunct clinical professor of endodontics. He is the senior editor of all nine editions of the Definitive Endodontics textbook, Pathways of the Pulp, and co-editor of the new textbook A Clinical Guide to Dental Traumatology. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics, and has held leadership positions in many major professional and academic organizations in endodontics. He maintains a full-time endodontic practice in San Francisco, Calif., where he has practiced since 1969.
Endodontics & the Law
Topic: Endodontics & the Law
This session will include:
- How the standard of endodontic care is interpreted today.
- The most common errors of omission or commission found in reviewing over 400 cases by general dentists and endodontists.
- Ways and means to anticipate when the potential for an error arises and how to avoid (or minimize) its affect on the outcome of a case.
- If a subpoena arrives, what to do and what not to do.
- How to be a good deponent as a treating endodontist or an expert witness.
Nonsurgical Endodontic Treatment & Retreatment
Topic: Nonsurgical Endodontic Treatment & RetreatmentLearning Objectives:
- Describe how to provide profound local anesthesia to assure patient comfort.
- Describe the most current peer-reviewed literature that strongly supports one-visit complete endodontic therapy.
- Describe how new 21st century concepts, materials and devices will transform the way we provide nonsurgical endodontic therapy.
An evidence-based presentation introducing the most current concepts, materials and new devices enabling the practitioner to provide painless root canal therapy in one visit for the large majority of infected teeth.
Dr. Cohen has the following proprietary, financial and/or personal interests pertaining to his presentation:
- Retainer: Financial/Material Support