Pay Your Case History Examination Fee Now Through Pay Pal
Note: Fee is $435
If you experience issues processing your payment online, contact PayPal directly.
Please do not contact the Central Office of the ABE.
The ABE Case Portfolio provides Candidates the opportunity to demonstrate that they have achieved the level of clinical skill that represents the highest standard of care in endodontics. However, it has also been shown to present the biggest obstacle to the completion of the Certification Process.
After careful consideration and a comprehensive review of the Case History requirements, we are pleased to announce the following changes in the Case History Portfolio requirements. The 10-case format is in effect for all ABE Candidates regardless of when they started the Board Certification Process.
The number of cases required for the Case History Portfolio was reduced from 15 to 10. The portfolio is to be comprised of the following:
- Case 1: Diagnosis (should have verification or documentation of correct diagnosis but no recall required)
- Case 2: Emergency
- Case 3: Medically Compromised (no recall required)
- Case 4: Nonsurgical Root Canal Treatment (Maxillary Molar)
- Case 5: Nonsurgical Root Canal Treatment (Mandibular Molar)
- Case 6: Nonsurgical Retreatment (Maxillary or Mandibular Molar)
- Case 7: Maxillary or Mandibular Molar Periapical Surgery with root-end resection and root-end filling
- Cases 8-10: Candidates may select from the above case types, or any surgical or nonsurgical case of sufficient complexity that fits in the current scope of endodontic practice