Endodontic education drives the specialty forward. It is critical to the specialty’s future that endodontists are continually teaching endodontics. The Foundation for Endodontics offers a variety of funding opportunities for educators to receive professional development, participate in continuing education and hone their scientific skills.
Full-Time Educator Development Grant
In an effort to provide greater flexibility for applicants and to ensure that educators are getting professional development opportunities that meet their individual needs, the Foundation has restructured some of the grants available to full-time educators. Effective January 1, 2018, the Foundation will be offering a new Full-time Educator Development Grant. This new opportunity will collapse the following grants into one easy application:
- Grants to Educators for AAE’s annual meeting
- Grant to Educators for the AAE Insight Track
- Grant to attend ADEA Annual Meeting
- Grant to attend ADEA Fall Meeting
- Grant to attend ADEA/AAL Institute for Teaching and Learning
The following meetings/courses have been added to the list of development opportunities eligible for funding:
- College of Diplomates Board Review Course
- College of Diplomates Summer Conference
- American Association for Dental Research Meeting
- International Association for Dental Research Meeting
- International Association for Dental Traumatology Meeting
- Other AAE meetings (i.e., Joint Symposium, Winter Meeting)
Please note that grant funds are released to educators only after the meeting(s) for which they've applied for have taken place.
Ten Year Anniversary Grant
The Foundation will provide $10,000 to educators who have been teaching full-time for 10 consecutive years. The grant is not retroactive and is awarded in the applicant's 10th anniversary year.
Applicants must be
- AAE members
- Full-time educators as defined by their respective institutions, and must be teaching in an accredited U.S. or Canadian dental school or medical center
- Certified in endodontics from an institution accredited by or having a reciprocal agreement with the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association
Guidelines and Application
ADEA/AAE Foundation Scholar for the ADEA Leadership Institute
ADEA in partnership with the Foundation for Endodontics will sponsor an endodontic educator's participation in ADEA's Leadership Institute. One recipient will receive a $25,000 scholarship from ADEA to cover half the cost of the year-long program. The remaining $25,000 funding will come from the Foundation. The Leadership Institute helps develop dental faculty to become future academic leaders.
Criteria and Eligibility Requirements
The recipient will be selected by ADEA based on their criteria. Read more about the criteria and eligibility requirements.
Candidates must submit an application to ADEA on or before the deadline.