Endodontic education drives the specialty forward. It is critical to the specialty’s future that endodontists are continually teaching endodontics. The Foundation for Endodontics offers a variety of funding opportunities for educators to receive professional development, participate in continuing education and hone their scientific skills.
Full-Time Educator Development Grant
The Foundation for Endodontics will provide AAE Educator Members (full-time educators) reimbursement up to $1,500 to attend any of the meetings listed below. The full funding is available to full-time educators annually, during the calendar year. The goal of a funding opportunity is to ensure educators are getting professional development opportunities that meet their individual needs. This grant reimburses for expenses related to meeting registration, lodging, and travel. The following meetings/courses have been added to the list of development opportunities eligible for funding:
- AAE Annual Meeting
- AAE Insight Track
- ADEA Annual Meeting
- ADEA Fall Meeting
- ADEA Institute for Teaching and Learning
- College of Diplomates Board Review Course
- College of Diplomates Summer Conference
- American Association for Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Research Meeting
- International Institute for Dental Research
- International Association for Dental Research Meeting
- International Association for Dental Traumatology Meeting
- European Society of Endodontology Conference
- Other AAE meetings (i.e., Joint Symposium, Winter Meeting)
- Other meetings (as approved by the appropriate Foundation committee chair)
Please note that grant funds are released to educators only after the meeting(s) for which they've applied for have taken place.
The application is completely online, complete with an upload section for your proof of meeting registration and applicable receipts. Click the button below to be taken to the encrypted, secure form. This online application format replaces paper and emailed applications.
10-Year Anniversary Grant
The 10-Year Anniversary grant recognizes educators who have been teaching full-time for 10 consecutive years. The Foundation will provide $10,000 to educators who apply within their 10th anniversary year.
Applicants must be
- AAE members
- Full-time educators as defined by their respective institutions, and must be teaching in an accredited U.S. or Canadian dental school or medical center
- Certified in endodontics from an institution accredited by or having a reciprocal agreement with the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association
The application is completely online, complete with an upload section for your employment verification letter. Click the button below to be taken to the encrypted, secure form. This online application format replaces paper and emailed applications.
AAE Foundation & Endo1 Partners/ADEA Scholar for the ADEA Leadership Institute
ADEA in partnership with the Foundation for Endodontics and Endo1 Partners will sponsor an endodontic educator's participation in ADEA's Leadership Institute. One recipient will receive a $25,000 scholarship for tuition and fees for his/her participation in the ADEA Leadership Institute. The Leadership Institute helps develop dental faculty to become future academic leaders.
Criteria and Eligibility Requirements
The recipient will be selected by ADEA based on their criteria. Read more about the criteria and eligibility requirements.
Candidates must submit an application to ADEA on or before ADEA’s deadline.
Dr. Carla Falcon, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Dr. Paul Lindauer, East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine
Dr. Avina Paranjpe, University of Washington School of Dentistry
Dr. Natasha Flake, University of Washington School of Dentistry
Dr. Ariadne Letra, University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
Dr. Renato Silva, University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
Dr. Laurie Fleisher, New York University College of Dentistry
Dr. Craig Hirschberg, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Dental School
Dr. Marc Levitan, Medical University of South Carolina James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine