The AAE Board of Directors has established new strategic goals for the AAE and put into place an updated three-year strategic plan for the Association. The goals were developed with information about the profession and considering our purpose, mission and values, and key drivers of change.
Explore this page to learn more about the 2017-2020 strategic plan. You can also gain a better perspective from recent communications about the AAE’s strategic plan.
- President's Message: Taking Control of Our Specialty
- AAE Board Sets Vision for Specialty's Future
- President's Message: Baseball, Endodontics and Strategic Planning
- AAE Board Advances Strategic Plan for 2017-2020
- 75th Anniversary and Setting the Stage for the Next 75 Years
- AAE Promotes a Single Standard of Care at Dental Directors Meeting
- AAE Announces Consumer Engagement Initiative
- Sailing Forward: AAE Board Charts Progress on Strategic Initiatives
- AAE Undergoes Organizational Realignment in Response to Member Needs
- AAE 2017-2018 Annual Report
- AAE 2017-2018 Year in Review video
- AAE Adopts New Guidelines to Encourage High-Quality Patient Care
- Standing Up for a Single Standard of Care
- Three Things Every Dentist Should Check Before Performing Root Canal Procedures
- Supporting a Single Standard of Endodontics
- 2018 Interim Board Meeting Recap
Essential, enduring tenets of the organization — a set of timeless guiding principles.
Responsible behavior, ethical decisions, compassionate values and philanthropic endeavors.
Visionary thinking, the courage to examine and explore, and adaptability in an evolving environment.
A friendly and inclusive professional culture characterized by fellowship and mutual respect.
A common commitment to quality, excellence, professionalism, and dedication to science and lifelong learning.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The AAE celebrates and embraces diversity and inclusiveness as part of our core value of collegiality. The AAE is committed to providing an environment that is welcoming and supports the diversity of its members, patients, and the professional community.
Strategic Goals for 2017-2020
Value in Retaining Natural Teeth
The public will value saving their natural teeth and seek endodontists — the specialists in saving teeth — for their care.
Partners in Patient Care
The dental profession will value endodontists as partners with advanced expertise in providing patient care.
AAE and its members will be recognized as the global leaders in advocating the value and quality of endodontics.
- Promote the importance of retaining natural teeth.
Develop and implement targeted communications/media strategies to promote the importance of retaining natural teeth.
- Single standard for quality endodontics.
Establish a single standard for quality endodontics and what it means to be competent in the delivery of that care.
- Global Outreach and membership development plan.
Develop a global outreach and membership development plan.