The JOE Publication Awards are presented to authors of published papers in the Journal of Endodontics that represent innovative thought and significant advances in the endodontic field. The JOE Publication Awards are presented annually at the Scientific Advisory Board Reception during the AAE annual meeting.
- Basic Science: Biology
- Basic Science: Technology
- Case Reports/Clinical Techniques
- Clinical Research
- Regenerative Endodontics
Categories may not have finalist papers if the nominated articles do not meet the judges’ criteria.
- Scientific merit and broad impact on dental research.
- Relevance to endodontics.
- Originality of research objectives and/or ideas presented.
- Creativity of study design or uniqueness of approaches and concepts.
- Validity of statistical and/or epidemiological methods.
- Clarity of presentation.
Publication Award Criteria
- Paper must have been published within the last calendar year.
- Papers must adhere to the principles of the scientific method. Position papers, narrative reviews and editorials are not considered for this award.
- Papers may be nominated by any member of the AAE who is not an author of the paper and who was not affiliated with the institution of the corresponding author at the time of submission of the paper.
- Nominations must include a letter of nomination indicating for which of the above-mentioned categories the paper is being nominated, and expressing how the nominated paper meets the criteria. Please include the article title and publication date with your nomination.
Submit a Nomination for the 2017 JOE Publication Award
The JOE Editorial Board is now accepting nominations for awards to be presented at AAE18 in Denver, April 25-28, 2018. All nominations are confidential. All nominations, supporting documentation and letters of recommendation must be submitted by Friday, December 15, 2017, via email, fax or postal mail.
Dr. Kenneth M. Hargreaves, JOE Editor
Attn: JOE Publication Award
American Association of Endodontists
211 E. Chicago Ave., Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60611-2691
Fax: 866-451-9020 (U.S., Canada, Mexico) or 312-266-9867
Nominations must include a letter of nomination indicating for which of the above-mentioned categories the paper is being nominated, and expressing how the nominated paper meets the criteria. Please include the article title and publication date with your nomination.
JOE Publication Award Recipients
The AAE proudly recognizes JOE Publication Award recipients and continues the tradition of honoring the achievements and contributions of these individuals to the specialty of endodontics.
2016 Award Recipients
Basic Science: Biology
Dissanayaka WL, Zhu L, Hargreaves KM, Jin L, Zhang C. In vitro analysis of scaffold-free prevascularized microtissue spheroids containing human dental pulp cells and endothelial cells. J Endod 2015;41(5):663-670.
Basic Science: Technology
Layton G, Wu WI, Selvaganapathy PR, Friedman S, Kishen A. Fluid dynamics and biofilm removal generated by syringe-delivered and 2 ultrasonic-assisted irrigation methods: a novel experimental approach. J Endod 2015;41(6):884-889.
Case Reports/Clinical Techniques
Byun C, Kim C, Cho S, Baek SH, Kim G, Kim SG, Kim SY. Endodontic treatment of an anomalous anterior tooth with the aid of a 3-dimensional printed physical tooth model. J Endod 2015;41(6):961-965.
EzEldeen M, Van Gorp G, Van Dessel J, Vandermeulen D, Jacobs R. 3-dimensional analysis of regenerative endodontic treatment outcome. J Endod 2015;41(3):317-324.
Read more, including the list of Honorable Mentions, in the April 2017 Communiqué.