Nominations are now closed for the 2018 JOE Publication Awards. Be sure to check back next fall for the opening of the 2019 nomination period!
The JOE Publication Awards are presented to authors of published papers in the Journal of Endodontics that represent innovative thought and significant advances in the endodontic field. The JOE Publication Awards are presented annually at the Scientific Advisory Board Reception during the AAE annual meeting.
The AAE proudly recognizes JOE Publication Award recipients and continues the tradition of honoring the achievements and contributions of these individuals to the specialty of endodontics.
Publication Award Criteria
- Paper must have been published within the last calendar year.
- Papers must adhere to the principles of the scientific method. Position papers, narrative reviews and editorials are not considered for this award.
- Papers may be nominated by any member of the AAE who is not an author of the paper and who was not affiliated with the institution of the corresponding author at the time of submission of the paper.
- Nominations must include a letter of nomination indicating for which of the above-mentioned categories the paper is being nominated, and expressing how the nominated paper meets the criteria. Please include the article title and publication date with your nomination.
2017 Award Recipients
Basic Research: Biology
Zhong S, Naqvi A, Bair E, Nares S, Khan AA. Viral MicroRNAs Identified in Human Dental Pulp. J Endod 2017 Jan;43(1):84-89.
Basic Research: Technology
Connert T, Zehnder MS, Weiger R, Kuhl S, Krastl G. Microguided Endodontics: Accuracy of a Miniaturized Technique for Apically Extended Access Cavity Preparation in Anterior Teeth. J Endod 2017;43(5):787-790.
Case Report/Clinical Technique
Noma N, Hayashi M, Kitahara I, Young A, Yamamoto M, Watanabe K, Imamura Y. Painful Trigeminal Neuropathy Attributed to a Space-occupying Lesion Presenting as a Toothache: A Report of 4 Cases. J Endod 2017 Jul;43(7):1201-1206.
Schloss T, Sonntag D, Kohli MR, Setzer FC. A Comparison of 2- and 3-dimensional Healing Assessment after Endodontic Surgery Using Cone-beam Computed Tomographic Volumes or Periapical Radiographs. J Endod 2017;43(7):1072-1079.
Lin J, Zeng Q, Wei X, Zhao W, Cui M, Gu J, Lu J, Yang M, Ling J. Regenerative Endodontics Versus Apexification in Immature Permanent Teeth with Apical Periodontitis: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Study. J Endod 2017 Nov;43(11):1821-1827.
For a list of Honorable Mentions, read this article from the April issue of of Communiqué.
- Basic Research: Biology
- Basic Research: Technology
- Case Reports/Clinical Techniques
- Clinical Research
- Regenerative Endodontics
Categories may not have finalist papers if the nominated articles do not meet the judges’ criteria.
- Scientific merit and broad impact on dental research.
- Relevance to endodontics.
- Originality of research objectives and/or ideas presented.
- Creativity of study design or uniqueness of approaches and concepts.
- Validity of statistical and/or epidemiological methods.
- Clarity of presentation.