Skip to content


Below are a number of resources to assist in answering frequently asked questions.

Select the category that most closely matches your question from the list below:

Clinical Inquiries

Who can I contact regarding coding?

Contact the AAE Professional Affairs Department at

What is the proper dental code for (insert name of procedure)?

The AAE’s Guide to Claims Submission and Payment includes the most frequently asked coding questions. Contact the AAE Professional Affairs Department at

I would like to have the Sargenti/Biocalex position statement sent to me.

The AAE does not have a position statement on the use of Biocalex as this product is no longer marketed in the United States, but the Position Statement on Paraformaldehyde-Containing Filling and Sealing Materials is available through the website.

Top ^

Continuing Education

What endodontic continuing education courses are available?

The AAE currently holds at least two meetings a year—an annual conference in April/May and the Insight Track series as developed. There are also endodontic courses hosted by affiliates and other groups.

Endo On Demand also provides online courses with the opportunity to earn CE credit.

What are my state requirements for continuing education credits?

Visit your state dental board's website to review CE requirements. The ADA also provides information about state CE statutes and regulations.

Where can I find specific information about CE credits?

Please visit the CE FAQ page.

Top ^

Endodontic Programs

How can I obtain a list of advanced endodontic programs and their directors?

All programs, including contact information, are posted within the Endodontic Faculty and Advanced Programs section of the website.

Where can I access the Commission on Dental Accreditation’s Advanced Education Programs in Endodontics Standards?

Through the AAE Faculty Center.

Does the AAE have any resources for those interested in pursuing a career in education?

Yes, there are a number of helpful tools ranging from program/opportunities to awards and grants.

Top ^

AAE Advantage

Who does the AAE partner with to provide members with discounted services?

The AAE works with several AAE Advantage partners that offer products and services at substantial savings to AAE members. Our partners specialize in website design, financial services, credit card process, student loan refinancing and personalized financial solutions.

Top ^

Journal of Endodontics

Where is my Journal?

The Journal of Endodontics typically mails the last week of each month. If you have not received your issue, contact the AAE Membership Department at

How can I place an advertisement in the Journal of Endodontics? Is there a way for me to place one online?

To reach dedicated professionals with display and product advertising through the JOE, review the media kit through our publisher, Elsevier.

Classified ads for job openings can also be placed in the JOE when purchased as an add-on for an online posting on the AAE's Endo Careers Job Board.

How can I submit a Letter to the Editor?

Correspondence regarding editorial matters should be sent directly to Dr. Kenneth M. Hargreaves at, or Dept. of Endodontics UTHSCSA, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229-3900.

Top ^


When does registration open?

Registration for the annual meeting typically opens in December. Registration for the Insight Track series opens 4-5 months before the conference date. The exact dates for each year will be posted on the website, announced to the membership via email and in print publications.

When can I make my hotel room reservation?

The hotel room block opens at the same time as registration. After you complete your registration you will receive a link to book within the AAE room block.

How much is registration?

Registration rates vary based on the meeting and membership type.

Are there discounts for educators/military members?

Yes. Full-time educators receive reimbursement for one-half the annual meeting registration fee and can apply for additional assistance from the Foundation for Endodontics. Full-time educators who present during a track at the annual meeting will receive reimbursement for the total cost of registration.

Federal Dental Health Service members who do not receive funding from their services for the AAE annual meeting are entitled to receive a 50 percent reduction in the Professional Member registration fee. Information on FDHS discounts is available when you register. For questions, please contact

How can I become a speaker at one of your meetings?

The Call for Presentations is issued each January with submissions due by May. Contact the Meeting Services Department at for more information.

When does early registration end?

Early registration typically ends five weeks prior to the meeting, but registration at the standard rate is still accepted online until a week prior to the event. Exact dates are posted on the website and in each meeting's materials.

Can I register on site?

On-site registration is accepted for both the annual meeting and Insight Track. Dates and times are posted online per meeting.

Can you send me a program?

We do not have printed copies of the meeting programs. Complete meeting details including schedule, speaker bios, session descriptions, etc. can be found online and through a mobile app.

How can I obtain my continuing education credits for an AAE meeting?

Contact the Education Department at

Top ^


When do I renew my membership?

Your membership renewal is due July 1st. Unpaid members will be dropped from the membership roster as of October 1st.

How can I switch membership categories?

Anytime you transition to a new membership category, a new application must be completed. All application forms are available for download on the Membership Categories and Applications page.

I just retired, does my membership change?

An Active, Educator or International member in good standing for at least 10 consecutive years who has completely retired from teaching and/or practice is eligible for the Retired membership category. If you meet the criteria, contact the Membership Department for more information at

Who is eligible for Life membership?

An Active, Educator, International or Retired member who has been an AAE member for 25 consecutive years and who has attained the age of 65 years prior to the new membership year beginning.

Can you let me know who is a U.S.-trained endodontist living abroad?

Members who have completed an ADA-accredited advanced specialty program in endodontics are included in the Find an Endodontist search engine.

You can also search for all members of the endodontic program through the Online Membership Directory.

Can I update my address on the website?

You can access your member profile through myAAE or you may contact the Membership Department with your updates at, and we will be happy to make the necessary changes to your record.

When will I be able to view the Digital Membership Directory?

The Digital Directory is now available to all members to view and download. The Online Membership Directory is always available and updated daily.

I lost my membership card. Can I get a new one?

Yes. Please contact the Membership Department at

Top ^

Practice Management

Do you have an informed consent form?

The AAE has general guidelines for developing an informed consent form. Laws vary from state to state, so please contact your attorney to review a document of this type before using it.

What type of insurance would the AAE recommend for its members?

The AAE has an endorsed vendor agreement with Treloar & Heisel, Inc., that provides members with discounts on disability income, life, long-term care, auto/home, professional liability and business owners/workers compensation insurance. Visit their website at, or call 800-345-6040 for more information.

What are other endodontists charging for particular procedures?

The AAE cannot provide an answer to this question as it violates the Sherman Anti-Trust Act for dentists to discuss their fees. The American Dental Association may have a general survey on this topic through its Survey and Economic Research page.

Could you provide me with salary and demographic information for endodontists?

The AAE does not currently track this information. The ADA Survey and Economic Research page may have some information in one of their documents.

I would like to use the AAE Specialist Member logo on my office stationery — could you please send it to me or tell me where I can download it?

Each year, the AAE distributes access to the AAE Specialist Member logos which are for use exclusively by Active, Educator, Life, Retired and International AAE members in good standing. The guidelines for usage of the AAE Specialist Member logo are located on the website, but you must contact the AAE Communications Department to have the image files sent to you upon verification of your membership status.

Top ^


Can I speak to someone regarding ethics and legal issues?

Yes. You may contact AAE Assistant Executive Director for Advocacy and Professional Relations at

Can I speak to anyone regarding the boards?

The American Board of Endodontics is the only certifying board for the specialty of endodontics and is one of the specialty boards recognized by the American Dental Association. You can visit the ABE website for more information or contact ABE staff at

Since the AAE is a nonprofit, the Association doesn’t need to pay taxes, correct?

The Association is classified as a 501c(6) organization and is exempt from federal income tax under these provisions, but must annually file an information return, known as a Form 990. The AAE must also claim any unrelated business income, such as funds received for advertisements in the Journal of Endodontics.

Top ^


Contact our Membership Department at 800-872-3636 (U.S., Canada, Mexico) or 312-266-7255 or email