Diwakar Kinra, D.D.S., M.S.
Dr. Diwakar Kinra graduated from the University of Michigan with a D.D.S. in 1999 and completed his Certificate in Endodontics at the University of Detroit in 2004. He went on to open a very successful specialty endodontic practice from scratch in Flint, Mich., a city well-known for economic challenges.
5409 Gateway Ctr Ste F
Flint MI 48507
Transitions After Graduation
Topic: Practice ManagementLearning Objectives:
At the conclusion of the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Identify what practice style fits them best
- List chronological checkpoints from year one out until opening day and beyond
- Describe continual marketing and practice branding
There are many considerations after graduating dental school. The differences in becoming an associate for a solo practitioner versus joining a group practice or starting your own practice can be numerous. The decisions may be overwhelming, and this presentation will help sort out the differences. In this two-hour lecture, Dr. Kinra will detail key considerations between these choices. His lecture will highlight how to open a practice, and will provide extensive detail as to what needs to be done in order to be successful in this undertaking. Dr. Kinra will cover relevant processes that are applicable for general dentists looking to begin clinical practice after dental school. The content of this lecture comes from Dr. Kinra’s real life experiences working as a general dental associate for a small office, large corporation, and owning his own specialty practice.
Discussion topics will include:
- Associateships, partnerships and ownerships
- Chronological checkpoints from year one out until opening day and beyond
- Checklists for all startup areas
- Legal, operational systems and office design
- Construction and vendors
- Continual marketing and practice branding
- Referral and patient management success
- Balancing business and family life
Dr. Kinra has no proprietary, financial and/or personal interest pertaining to his presentation to disclose.