PatientsThe information in this section of our website has been carefully prepared to answer the most frequently asked questions about root canal treatment and to provide you with resources for saving your natural teeth.
Are you one of the millions of Americans who fear losing a tooth? Learn how an endodontist, a dentist who specializes in root canal treatment, can help you save your natural teeth.
- AAE Members
AAE MembersAccess to this area is a benefit of membership in the AAE. Use these exclusive, free resources to better manage your practice or classroom, network with colleagues and advance your career.
Open Your Practice Management Toolbox
Chock full of resources that support your practice management and marketing, including the Professional Outreach Toolkit and the updated Dental Benefits Kit.
- Dental Professionals
Dental ProfessionalsEndodontists are your partners in providing high-quality patient care. Use our resources to evaluate treatment options that prioritize the retention of the natural dentition.
Check out the newest ENDODONTICS: Colleagues for Excellence newsletter to enhance your knowledge about the recent developments in regenerative endodontics.
Publications and Research
Guidelines and Position Statements
To view these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the latest version of this FREE software.
- Access to Care (PDF File, 91 KB)
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis Quick Reference Guide (PDF File, 144 KB)
- Art and Science of New Materials in Endodontics (PDF File, 60 KB)
- Case Difficulty Assessment Form and Guidelines (PDF File, 65 KB)
- Cone Beam-Computed Tomography (PDF File, 91 KB)
- Dental Dams (PDF File, 83 KB)
- Educator's Guide to Using the Case Difficulty Assessment Form (PDF File, 65 KB)
- Endodontic Implications of Bisphosphonate-Associated Osteonecrosis of the Jaws (PDF File, 96 KB)
- Focal Infection Theory Fact Sheet (PDF File, 81 KB)
- Implants (PDF File, 119 KB)
- Informed Consent Guidelines (PDF File, 17 KB)
- Natural Rubber Latex Allergy (PDF File, 48 KB)
- OSHA Compliance Information
- NICO (Neuralgia-Inducing Cavitational Osteonecrosis) Lesions (PDF File, 123 KB)
- Paraformaldehyde-Containing Endodontic Filling and Sealing Materials (PDF File, 63 KB)
- Scope of Endodontics: Dental Implants (PDF File, 95 KB)
- Scope of Endodontics: Extraction of Teeth (PDF File, 126 KB)
- Scope of Endodontics: Regenerative Endodontics (PDF File, 131 KB)
- Trauma Guidelines - UNDER CONSTRUCTION - in the interim, see the IADT Trauma Guidelines
- Tooth Saving Tips (PDF File, 41 KB)
- Treatment Options for the Compromised Tooth (PDF File, 4 MB)
- Use of Lasers in Dentistry (PDF File, 134 KB)
- Use of Microscopes and Other Magnification Techniques (PDF File, 110 KB)
- Use of Mouth Guards to Prevent Injury (PDF File, 54 KB)
- Use of Silver Points (PDF File, 97 KB)