The American Association of Endodontists is committed to providing a professional, safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AAE staff. All such participants including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AAE staff, service providers and others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. The Code applies to all AAE meeting-related events, including those sponsored by other organizations that are held in conjunction with AAE events, in public.
- All meeting participants should be treated with respect and consideration.
- Meeting participants should be tolerant of a diversity of views and opinions and should avoid racial, religious, ethnic, and gender or sexual-preference-based slurs –or any other derogatory language involving a protected class. They should not engage in harassment, intimidation, or discrimination of any kind.
- Meeting participants should avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, AAE staff, exhibitors, and suppliers/vendors. They should not engage in verbal abuse of any attendees, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, or AAE staff member.
- Meeting participants should alert AAE staff, facilities, security, or other appropriate persons if they notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Meeting participants should respect the rules and policies of the hotel or other meeting venue.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- AAE staff (or their designee) or security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal of the offending individual from the meeting without warning or refund.
- AAE reserves the right to prohibit or limit attendance of an offending individual at any future meeting.
AAE will investigate every allegation of violation of this Code of Conduct and will respond appropriately. While we take all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion to determine when and how to follow up on reported incidents, and we may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution.
We respect your privacy and recognize the importance of securing and protecting all data and the privacy of certain basic personally identifiable data, such as contact information, demographic information and payment processing information. Any personal information you provide to us, including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of AAE except as noted below. We do not collect data from individuals unless provided to us voluntarily and knowingly and with access to update and change the data at will.
Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through this Site:
AAE collects personal information such as profile data and contact information (name, title, company, mailing address) through event registration. In some cases, we share this information with event Exhibitors and Sponsors in order to contact you directly. You have choices about the data we collect and share. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may opt out of sharing it with AAE Partners during the event registration process. However, please note certain contact information is required to complete registration. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information that we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AAE, our members, or others.
We may use your information to offer goods and services we believe will be of value to members on behalf of AAE, our affiliates and our partners. We may use contact data to inquire or survey about conference experiences, membership engagement, education opportunities or general membership satisfaction. We may also create and use aggregate information that is not personally identifiable to understand more about the common profiles and interests of our members and website visitors.