(as of August 10, 2021)
AAE is committed to creating safe and intentional environments for meetings and events and will be following all CDC guidelines as we begin to meet in-person. This responsibility is shared equally among AAE staff, members, hotel staff, and all meeting and event participants. Your commitment to the personal and group guidelines AAE lays out for each event is truly important and is mandatory to maintaining the safest environment possible.
Since the CDC guidelines are rapidly evolving, AAE staff will continue to monitor the latest protocols to ensure that our meetings and events are the most compliant and safe meeting environment possible. Updates and reminders on protocols will be sent out at minimum one week prior to the meeting or event and as new information becomes available.
- Vaccines will be required for attendance.
- A person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Virtual meeting options will be available when possible for those unable or unwilling to travel or meet in-person.
- Follow current guidance provided by the World Health Organization, CDC, and your local health authority.
- You should not attend any AAE Meeting or Event if you are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior to the conference or event have experienced, symptoms associated with COVID-19. If you do not feel well, protect yourself and others and stay home.
- You should not attend any AAE Meeting or Event if you believe that you may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the conference.
- Follow travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you are travel to and from.
- Contact AAE Staff for any questions, clarifications, or concerns.
Onsite Event Experience
- All meeting destination state, city and facility guidelines will be followed during the meetings for mask mandates and social distancing. Guidelines will be followed for the strictest level.
- In order to maximize protection, health and safety, all participants will be required to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status, for all indoor activities.
- Masks will be available should an attendee forget theirs.
- Follow guidance from local health authorities to minimize the spread of viruses which include, but are not limited to:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize hands regularly throughout the day.
- Properly use facial coverings in all meeting spaces at all times during AAE events, following all AAE or venue prompting and guidance.
- Maintain distance and comply with all distancing of space by not moving furniture or changing the event set up.
- Alert AAE or venue staff if you may feel unwell or start experiencing symptoms.
- AAE is committed in providing all necessary equipment to assist in following these guidelines (Hand sanitizer stations, signage, event reminders, etc)
- If you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after the event, please contact AAE staff immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.