(as of July 11, 2022)
AAE is committed to creating safe and intentional environments for meetings and events and will continue to follow CDC guidelines for all in-person meetings. This responsibility is shared equally among AAE staff, members, vendors, and all meeting and event participants. Your commitment to the personal and group guidelines AAE lays out for each event is truly important and is mandatory to maintaining the safest environment possible.
As CDC guidelines evolve, AAE staff will continue to monitor the latest protocols to ensure that our meetings and events are the most compliant and safe meeting environment possible. Updates and reminders on protocols will be communicated to all attendees.
AAE strongly encourages all meeting participants to be vaccinated and boosted for all in-person meetings and agendas.
- Follow current guidance provided by the World Health Organization, CDC, and your local health authority.
- You should not attend any AAE Meeting or Event if you are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior to the conference or event have experienced, symptoms associated with COVID-19. If you do not feel well, protect yourself and others and stay home.
- You should not attend any AAE Meeting or Event if you believe that you may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the conference if fully vaccinated.
- As a precautionary measure, we suggest you take a COVID-19 test within 3 days of your departure for the AAE Meeting or Event for your own peace of mind and minimize the likelihood of transmission.
- Follow travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you are travel to and from.
- Contact AAE Staff for any questions, clarifications, or concerns.
Onsite Event Experience
- All meeting destination state, city and facility guidelines will be followed during the meetings for mask requirements and social distancing.
- Follow guidance from local health authorities to minimize the spread of viruses which include, but are not limited to:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize hands regularly throughout the day.
- Properly use facial coverings in all meeting spaces at all times during AAE events, following all AAE or venue prompting and guidance.
- Alert AAE or venue staff if you may feel unwell or start experiencing symptoms.
- AAE is committed in providing all necessary equipment to assist in following these guidelines (Hand sanitizer stations, signage, event reminders, etc)
- If you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after the event, please contact AAE staff immediately at email@example.com.