February 16-18, 2023 | Chicago
The 2023 program will include ten participants (one from each district, plus three at large) and five experienced leaders. Participants must apply to be considered for the conference, by providing biographical/employment information and an essay on leadership. The Membership Services Committee will select participants based upon the applications.
To be eligible, applicants must be in practice 10 years or less and have limited to no experience serving on an AAE committee.
The 2023 program will focus on the following goals:
- Provide emerging leaders with encouragement to engage with the AAE at various levels
- Provide participants with skills to serve as volunteers, and eventually as leaders
- Provide insight into the journey to leadership
- Provide participants with continuing opportunities for skills-building and involvement with the AAE following the conference
- Evaluate success by gathering participants’ feedback following the conference as well as one year out; track participants’ activities and engagement following their participation in the conference
Commitments by participants:
- Attend the two-day conference: starts evening of Thursday, February 16, 2023 and goes all day Friday and Saturday (February 17-18, 2023.)
- During the year following the program, the AAE will provide activities and suggestions to facilitate participants’ engagement with the AAE – this will include opportunities to connect with fellow endodontists by volunteering to serve as a session host for the AAE’s annual meeting or share your opinions and expertise with the association in other ways.
- Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be considered for available volunteer and leadership opportunities with the AAE.
August – Sept: Marketing Launch/call for Nominations
October 14, 2022: Application Deadline
December 2022 (early December): Applicants are notified whether they are accepted into program
February 17-18, 2023: Leadership Development Conference is held
March 2023 – March 2024: Continued leadership development activities and opportunities for engagement