An AAE Advocacy Update
The past few months have been unlike any other. The AAE is here for you and tirelessly working on members’ and their patients’ behalf.
The Association encourages and promotes grass roots action on its online Advocacy Action Center, and AAE leadership continues to work with the ADA and the Organized Dentistry Coalition (ODC) on letters to legislators and federal agencies advocating for the interests of endodontists. Recently, these letters include:
- Addressing business interruption insurance not covering viral and emergencies
- Use of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Support for the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act and Extension Act
- Liability protection for using COVID-19 testing kits that are FDA authorized but not FDA approved
- Funding from the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund to dentists that are Medicaid providers
AAE President Dr. Alan H. Gluskin also contacted FEMA Administrator Peter Gaynor to urge FEMA to prioritize endodontists for allocation of N95 respirators, as well as for surgical masks and full-face shields.
To support continued access to foreign-trained endodontists as part of the endodontic workforce, the AAE also sent a letter to members of Congress.
To learn more about the AAE’s advocacy efforts or to take grass roots action to support federal or state policies, please visit the its online Advocacy Action Center.