The Editorial Board of the Journal of Endodontics is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 JOE Awards, recognizing the best articles published in JOE during the 2015 calendar year. Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations, and to all of the authors who published their work in the JOE this year. Your contributions keep the endodontic specialty strong!
The winning papers represent significant advances in endodontics, and were selected for their scientific merit and broad impact on dental research; originality of research objectives and ideas presented; creativity of study design and uniqueness of approaches and concepts; validity of statistical and/or epidemiological methods; and clarity of presentation.
|Please join us in congratulating the authors of the following papers, who will be recognized at the Scientific Advisory Board Reception at AAE16 in San Francisco:
Basic Science: Biology
Basic Science: Technology
Case Reports/Clinical Techniques
In addition to the award-winning papers, the following papers have been accorded honorable mention status:
- Applebaum E, Nackley AG, Bair E, Maixner W, Khan AA. Genetic variants in cyclooxygenase-2 contribute to post-treatment pain among endodontic patients. J Endod 2015;41(8):1214-1218.
- Bhoj M, Zhang C, Green DW. A first step in de novo synthesis of a living pulp tissue replacement using dental pulp MSCs and tissue growth factors, encapsulated within a bioinspired alginate hydrogel. J Endod 2015;41(7):1100-1107.
- Chen I, Karabucak B, Wang C, Wang HG, Koyama E, Kohli MR, Nah HD, Kim S. Healing after root-end microsurgery by using mineral trioxide aggregate and a new calcium silicate-based bioceramic material as root-end filling materials in dogs. J Endod 2015;41(3):389-399.
- Erisken C, Kalyon DM, Zhou J, Kim SG, Mao JJ. Viscoelastic properties of dental pulp tissue and ramifications on biomaterial development for pulp regeneration. J Endod 2015;41(10):1711-1717.
- Galler KM, Buchalla W, Hiller KA, Federlin M, Eidt A, Schiefersteiner M, Schmalz G. Influence of root canal disinfectants on growth factor release from dentin. J Endod 2015;41(3):363-368.
- Kraus RD, von Arx T, Gfeller D, Ducommun J, Jensen SS. Assessment of the nonoperated root after apical surgery of the other root in mandibular molars: a 5-year follow-up study. J Endod 2015;41(4):442-446.
- Patel S, Saberi N. External cervical resorption associated with the use of bisphosphonates: a case series. J Endod 2015;41(5):742-748.
- Ricucci D, Siqueira Jr. JF, Lopes WS, Vieira AR, Rocas IN. Extraradicular infection as the cause of persistent symptoms: a case series. J Endod 2015;41(2):265-273.